Thursday, February 5, 2009

Make Me Happy!

The family reunion this summer was at the beach. The first day we took Jakey down to show him the waves and he ran along the shore shouting "MAKE ME HAPPY!!!" It doesn't take much for that kid. He is so vivacious and grateful and throws himself excitedly into every new thing.

I am really going to miss these little boys. Ben got accepted to Business Schools in Austin and Virginia, and wait-listed at Wharton, and who know where Scott and I will be in the Fall, so anyway the dice turns I'm not going to be seeing much of "the littles" come September. I don' think it actually sunk in until last week that they would be leaving and I stayed up late crying about it. I couldn't help it! These little boys have been such a bright spot in my life these past few years. They are so simple and wise and sweet and happy and they just take your mind off hard things. I will forever remember Cameron taking me on a "date" one very dark day. What am I going to do without these little Stinkers?

I went to my parents house last weekend and walked into this:



I mean what am I going to do without being able to walk in and see little Cam Cam playing "monster eye" with Grandma Robin? Especially when he has that cowlick sticking straight up in the back.

And it will be so weird on birthdays to only light the candles once instead of 20 times to let the boys sing and blow over and over again cuz its so fun.

Oh well.

Not that it's any substitute, but at least I'll have these

and these


to MAKE ME HAPPY.
(Thanks, honey)

And LOVE YOU, LITTLE BOYS.

3 comments:

John and Allison said...

TARA! don't leave! by the way... I love you!

MisterandMissesLem said...

STOP!!!! you're making me sad and wanting to cry at work. Those little boogers should not leave me... and it's going to happen way faster than we know. and you and scott leaving....

this is such a great time for our family right now! i guess i should just enjoy it instead of being sad about it!

Tara B said...

Aww, Allison, I love you too!