Monday, March 22, 2010

The first 2 weeks.

Our little Crew Bear is 2 weeks old and I don't know how that happened. It's still registering that we don't have to give him back to anyone and that we really do get to keep him! I had such grand expectations for the fabulous pictures I would take of his first 2 weeks of tiny newborn life, but the way things turned out I am just starting to manage showering and walking!

AND on top of that we are moving - and things are spread between 2 houses and it feels like there is no order anywhere! I use the term "WE'RE" moving loosely because I haven't done much of anything except sit and nurse Crew, take naps on the floor of the few rooms that have carpet, and occasionally give input on which cupboard things should go in. If you ever want to get out of moving, just get a c-section and be super dosed up on Percocet - it seems to be doing the trick!

On the other hand, sometimes these super-hectic times are the sweetest, and I think I will look back to sitting in the craft room nursing my newborn bundle and talking with my mom about where embroidery floss should go, watching Scott come in to coo at Crew sleeping in his car seat in between trips to the moving truck, listening to conference talks and singing hymns to Crew while Scott and I moved our closets in on Sunday instead of going to church (ox in the mire), and everyone being so nice about me being completely useless!

I did pull out my camera a few times, and here are a few of Crews first 2 weeks of life....

First a picture from my phone - it warms my heart.






Crew Yawning. He looks just like his Daddy expect he got my big mouth.












This is how he sucks his thumb. Makes me nervous he's going to claw his eye.












I get to take naps with this little bundle.


Yummmm.

6 comments:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Tara--he really is so cute! First time motherhood is one of the most special times in life, I think. But then again, every newborn time is special...and 2 year olds, and 3 year olds...motherhood is just amazing all the time. So fun to see you and Scott and the baby. The picture of Scott laying on the floor talking to Crew in the carseat is great.

The Fifes said...

isn't life so much easier to blog when you have a little one to post about?? :) Super cute.

Ashlee said...

Oh my goodness, bless your heart Tara. I just read through your blog, what a labor! And he is so cute! What a size! He is a baby not a new born! I kind of like them when they are big, I think they tend to be much cuter, defiantly as Crew has proven and I am not afraid to break them. Oh just enjoy him. There is nothing like your first baby.

John and Allison said...

I LOVE all of these pictures! So much better than mine! :) And my offer to help unpack is still on the table!!! Even if you just need a nap, I'm there to watch crew!
love ya!

Laura said...

Oh my beautiful and perfect!!!!!

chats said...

Yipee. I've been waiting for these. Can you believe it's been two weeks already? I know exactly what you mean about keeping him. That's what I thought when bringing each of my girls home from the hospital. Ox out of the Mire? Are you kidding me? I'm not going back to church until after conference. Do the same!!!!