Friday, May 28, 2010

Arizona!!

I got to escape the snow for a few days to go to Arizona when my sisters went through the temple.  They'll be getting married in Utah, but since we grew up in Arizona, they wanted to go there for their first time through.  I was nervous about taking Crew in the car for 10 hours, but I drove with my parents and we drove it in 2 six hours shifts.  We had to take a few breaks for Crew to eat but he was such a good boy!  I think  Crew knows he is supposed to love Arizona.

Photobucket
He alternated between being really mellow...
Photobucket
and really smiley!
Photobucket
This is Crew spitting up. Aren't you glad you get to see this? I caught it in action!!! Poor little boy spits up so much he isn't gaining weight like he is supposed to.
Photobucket
He spits up so much that we decided to just pull over and burp him out the window.
Photobucket
I love Crew hanging out the window - first road trip!
Photobucket
My brother Ben and his family flew in to AZ that same day, so we went to the airport to pick them up.
Here is Crew meeting his cousin Claire who was born just a couple weeks before him. Claire was a preemie, and Crew was giant!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Our dear friend Kathi offered to watch Crew while we went to the temple. Kathi and her sister Taya turned Taya's living room into a nursery for a few hours, and they watched Claire and Crew and Taya's grandson! They were champs for being able to handle that, and I was so relieved to know that Crew was in good hands!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here we are at one of our favorite restaurants Gecko Grill - all of the cousins are in this picture! We went to this restaurant so much while I was growing up that it was sort of surreal to be there and have a baby and Ben have 4!
Photobucket
At Tia Rosa's - another of our favorite Restaurants. Gotta teach Crew what good mexican food is!
Photobucket
I decided I wasn't up for driving home with Crew in one 10 hour shift. So I flew back to Utah, and my parents decided to fly too. Katie and Jen and their fiance's drove the cars back.
Photobucket
Traveling gets more complicated with kids, I'm finding out. Sheesh! I took 6 times as much stuff with me as I would normally take - just for one tiny baby! Loved watching Ben and Karen juggle 4 kids at the airport.

No comments: