Monday, March 2, 2009

Arizona and Valentines Day

Scott and I drove down to Arizona last Valentine's /President's Day weekend. We didn't decide to go until Friday at noon, and two hours later we were on our way. In the midst of our packing flurry, my romantic hubby decided it was a priority to surprise me with these:

because he didn't want me to "go without" on Valentines day while we were out of town. I hated having to leave those beautiful roses behind! What a nice husband. He's nice even in the middle of the night when my sleep talking wakes him up. He drives me to work so I can put my make up on in the car, drops treats off to me at work, listens to me analyze my day, tells me I'm pretty with my retainers in (I'm not), goes to the grocery store with me on Saturday nights and snuggles with me while we watch Mary Tyler Moore re-runs. I keep being surprised at how much I like this marriage thing.

Anyway, this roadtrip was fun. We hadn't been on a roadtrip since we had just started dating and went to Southern California with some friends...on the way back everyone ditched us and squished into the other car so we could be alone and we just talked and talked and talked. Scott even went 15 miles UNDER the speed limit on the way back home on that 1st roadtrip so we could have more time to talk.

I keep digressing. This was such a fun time to just sit in the car and eat sunflower seeds and see the snow melt outside our windows as we drove down to sunny AZ.

We stayed with my cousin Kelly and her family:

(to see more of their family pics visit my photography blog, link on the right)


Here's us with Kelly's kids Daimon and Ellie at one of the many many restaurants we went to while there. The best thing about AZ, besides the sun and getting to show Scott where I went to high school and seeing my dorky pictures on the choir wall with the "Rachel from friends" haircut which I thought was SO awesome, was the FOOD. We ate and ate and ate and when we were so full we didn't think we could stuff another bite in, we went to Grimaldi's and got a pizza. Yes, Grimaldi's has a franchise in ARIZONA!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!I've craved that pizza at least 3 times a week since I moved away from NY 3 years ago.

We also saw Confessions of a Shopaholic (loved it, loved the book) and helped Kelly pick out new perfume:


Here's Kelly smelling my Gum Package to clear her nasal passage between sniffs:



And here's my Valentine, loving every minute of this gum sniffing exhibition.



A couple days into our trip, my parents heard we were having so much fun that they decided to fly down. Good thing, too, because my mom found 2 awesome tables at Dillards for a quarter of the price Thanksgiving Point and Dear Lizzie are selling them for. We made quite a scene at Dillards packing them up, and Scott and I drove them back up to Utah, and now I have one sitting in my living room. Thanks, Mom:)


BTW here is my new yellow purse, happy president's day to me:) TJ MAXX is better in AZ, too.


Apparently AZ really misses my sister Katie because they named a store after her:

I'm jealous, KaBloom.



Miss you, sunny Arizona!

8 comments:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

We need to talk again soon! I can't wait to move back to UT and hang out together and I can finally meet Scott.
I hope you said hi to AZ for me. I'm glad you had fun. How did AZ Grimaldi's compare to NY Grimaldi's? I've actually been to the Scottsdale Grimaldi's but the Gilbert one was under construction last time I was there.

Amy

The Fifes said...

wow, that sounds like a fun trip! I want to see that new table in your home! :) You seriously are so cute. Sad i didn't get to see you, but glad you had fun!

Alisa said...

Hi Tara. I saw the PSL pic and had to tell you that my husband goes there and has been really impressed with it so far. Congrats on getting married btw!

Alisa (Barnes) Simonson

Tara B said...

Really Alisa? Well we'll have to pick your brain when the time gets closer..I didn't realize he was going there, I'm glad to hear he likes it. Amy...I saw your dorky picture on the HHS choir wall, too. You weren't half as dorky as me, though, sorry. and excuse me, but did you say MOVE BACK TO UTAH?!? When is that happening? Hope we're not gone for law school by then.. and Amber,thanks! Maybe I should post a pic of this table:)

John and Allison said...

you can't move to arizona...who's going to take my engagement photos??? :)!

Tara B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara B said...

Allison - is that an announcement?!? :) And no worries, we were just touring the school....

MisterandMissesLem said...

i'm glad you took a picture of the store named after me because i never have my camera when i am there. please tell me you ate at Sauce?!?!?!