Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jennif

I know, I know, I've been a terrible blogger this week.

I'm writing this as if anyone noticed I hadn't blogged in a week, but who am I kidding, I went on a blog-fast for 4months (exactly the time it took me to meet and marry scott) and everyone was just fine. I just have to say things like that every once in a while on the blog to make myself feel popular.

So here's a little tid-bit for ya
I photographed this pretty girl recently. If you want to see more pics of my pretty sister Jennifer (jen-jen, jenny, jblo,jennif, rejinef) you can click on my photo blog link on the right.

Let's talk about an embarassing but maybe-you've-done-this-too moment. Today I saw a PERFECT STRANGER at Target and before I could stop myself I called her by name and had a nice little conversation with her about all these details of her life and these things we had in common...because just the night before I had linked on to her blog from a friend's blog. Creepy of me, I know, but if you take that part out of it it was a lovely way to make a new friend:)

Let's also talk about this smoothie that I simply cannot stop drinking: It is brown and green and it's ingredients include spinach and kale and it is DELICIOUS! Don't believe me ask the dishes.



If you want to drink lots of green leafy vegetables and make your taste buds do backflips, here is your magic:
Blend 2 cups Spinach and 1 cup Kale with 1 cup OJ. Blend til a smooth pretty green color, and take the kale off that big stalky stem in the middle before putting it in the blender. Then add 1/2 banana, 1/2 c frozen bluberries, 1/2 frozen raspberries. Blend, then add ice, then enjoy. It tastes fruity and fresh and is low in sugar.

Let me see what else I took pictures of...
Oh yes, Cameron and Jake must have come over for another slumber party because I have a picture of this:

which is just about the cutest thing in the world. Scott loves to tell these boys bedtime stories almost as much as they like to hear them, and then they go home and tell their mom all about the details of Scott's life when he was a little boy. It is always amazing to me how many details they absorb.

This slumber party we decided it would be fun to get our jar of change and let the little boys get money out of the jar as we went around town to do things. I thought they would think it was fun to pay for things. Instead they got nervous whenever they were supposed to give their "moneys" away for things like ice-cream and dollar store toys. Cameron got really big brave eyes and handed the ice-cream guy a penny. As a result these two little stinkers had big pockets heavy with change by the time we tucked them in at night. Jake decided to put his "moneys" in his pillow for safe-keeping overnight. When he woke up the next morning they weren't there, and no matter how hard we looked we could NOT find those moneys.

Jake kept asking Cameron if he could have some of Cameron's moneys and Cameron kept flatly denying him. Jake would come to me and in the sweetest voice say "he's not givin' me moneys cuz he's MEAN" and I would tell him Cameron was a very nice boy and ask him again. After 3 go-arounds with the denying/he's mean thing I decided it was about time to pull out all the stops.

That's right, I told him about the little boy who got a bike and a new train for Christmas, and how he saw the other little boy who didn't get anything for Christmas. He decided to share and gave the unfortunate boy his new bike and train and he felt SO HAPPY. It makes us happy to share, even happier than when we have the things ourselves. It makes us happy to make other people happy.

Cameron sat and listened to that story and then got some "moneys" out of his pocket and handed them to Jake. Then he put a big grin on his face and came and sat on my lap. He remembered you were supposed to feel happy at the end of the story. I told him how proud I was of him and how happy I felt. Then he turned around and showed me his smile, threw another penny and jake, and showed me how his smile got bigger every time he tossed a penny at Jake.

Oh I'm going to miss those boys. I love those little stinkers.

Jake helped me make buttermilk pancakes with buttermilk syrup for breakfast:






cute little stinker.




Oh I have this picture on my camera, too. Which means that we made home-made spaghetti noodles last Sunday. It was kind of a disaster but it was sooo yummy.

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

I LOVE it! And yes, you are popular. :) I love your story about the moneys and sharing. What a great aunt you are! Homemade spaghetti? Wow!