Saturday, November 7, 2009

California

The bad thing about not posting for a long time is that it is more intimidating to finally post because there is so much to cover! Kind of the same excuse I use about writing in my journal! It's so much easier if you do it more often.

This summer I got to go to California on a trip with my family. Scott had to stay behind and work, which was sad. But I got to see Carmel and the Redwoods for my first time and I loved it! We went to the aquarium and the oldest seaside fair and it was fun. I was 11 weeks pregnant and fighting the nausea - not sure how much the deep fried twinkies helped:) We met up with my mom's brothers who live in Northern California, went to the Kind Tut museum - which by the way, did NOT include king Tut, and then finished the trip with In'N Out. Yummmm.


Carmel

I need more beaches in my life.

One of the beautiful beach "cottages" at Carmel.

A banana slug at the Redwoods. Bet you can guess how it got it's name.

The fam at the Redwoods.

Jen and my Dad at Carmel

more of beautiful Carmel.

We just had to give it a try

Yum?

My mom and I at the Aquarium

more Aquarium

A DELICIOUS dinner at Basil Restaurant in Carmel. We went to see Julie and Julia after this and it was very fitting. Not a deep fried twinkie in sight.



On the drive home I decided we needed to have a taste test of Bubbilicious, Bubble Yum, and Hubba Bubba to see who had the best grape gum. That killed 15 minutes of the drive. I can't remember which one won, but I did call Scott Hubba Bubba for the next few days. He appreciated it.


The cousins jumping at the beach

The Aunt the Uncle, the Mom and the Dad jumping at the beach :)

No comments: