Thursday, November 26, 2009

Our 1st Anniversary

I can't believe we've been married a year. We went to the Cheesecake Factory (yummmm). That was the first week I had started feeling the baby kick, so Scott sat next to me where he could quick put his hand on my belly if I mentioned kicking.

Then we drove up to the Gateway, and Scott let me pick out a necklace at Brighton. Then I went to the bathroom and pretended that I didn't know he was buying it, and I acted surprised when he handed it to me all wrapped up in the car. He thinks he's sneaky:)

P.S. I've learned the direct approach is a good thing. A good example of the direct approach-AKA- a hint "You should buy me a necklace like he did in Marley and Me. A good time to do that would be for our anniversary because I'm pregnant and I would always remember that you gave it to me and it would be sentimental and I would love it always. There is a store called Brighton at the Gateway. This necklace is really pretty. I'm going to go to the bathroom now."






I feel so grateful to this man who decided to cherish me and who works so hard for our little family. He's been such a gift to me. We've been through a lot together this year, and I look back to our wedding day and wonder how I even thought I knew him when I know him so much more now, appreciate him more now, and can't help but love him more now.

It's Thanksgiving. Scott, get back from El Salvador already - I miss you!

3 comments:

BS said...

Tara-

You are SO darling, and I hope your Thanksgiving was great, even though your sweetie is away. I'll see you soon, and have a great rest of the break.

~Briana

The Fifes said...

I miss you. I love your writing, and i'm so glad you posted-- your tiny belly is so adorable. How can you be so skinny still?!! You are awesome, and i love your stories. Hugs.

Esther Noelle said...

Wow! Beautiful necklace! And you two are so cute!