Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Bir'day/It's a Boy.

Scott is a cute husband. The kind who has pink gerber daisies delivered to work for no reason and for reasons like it's your birthday, and who picks you up from work and drives you to the Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery and lets you pick out a coconut cupcake and then happens to have candles and a lighter in his pocket, and drives you to the park you always went to while you were dating and sits under the shady tree with you and tells you you are cute while your big ol' pregnant belly is hanging out and you are stuffing a coconut cupcake in your mouth.

Also, while we were at the park the nephews called from Virginia to sing happy birthday. I told them we had 2 cupcakes at the park and were blowing out the candles. Jake asked why we only had 2 cupcakes? Scott said because we only had 2 people in our family. Jake was concerned because there were 3 people in our family (he counts the baby in the belly) and I told him the baby could taste some of mine.

Jake: "But does the baby like it?"
Me: "Yes, the baby loves cupcakes"
Jake: " But how do you know, did the baby tell you?"



Scott's dad has a birthday just a few days from mine, so we shared a birthday cake:)


I told Scott all I wanted for my birthday was to go to the Ultrasound in the Mall place. Just to make sure it was a girl, even though I already knew it was. I was 15 weeks pregnant. Scott thought it was kind of dumb to pay $60 to find out something we already knew, but since I wanted it for my birthday....

And that, my friends, is the shocked look on my face when I found out it was a boy! Oh, I am so excited for my sweet little boy to get here. He might have a lot of pink clothes and blankets, but I am so excited.

No comments: