Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crew's Blessing Day!

Crew was blessed this Sunday! We were so grateful to have friends and family come for Crew's blessing, and then after we had a luncheon at our house:

Photobucket
Dave Lemke - My sister Katie's fiance

Photobucket
Scott and his Brother Craig and his Cousin Matt
Photobucket
Scott's Dad -aka Grandpa Butler! and Brother Mike

Photobucket
My sisters-in-law Andrea and Jill, who are married to Scott's brothers

Photobucket
My sister Jennifer and her fiance Daniel - the big day is only 2 months away!!!
Photobucket
Crew and his Grandma Butler who has driven up to BYU lots this last week to watch Crew while I taught the rest of the semester:)

And here are our first "family photos" - we couldn't get Crew to stop crying for longer than 30 seconds, so it was an adventure:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks to Scott's longtime roommate Ryan Tucker for taking these photos.

I'll always have a soft spot for Ryan and his wife Sherri because of our parallel lives...

Sherri and I were in the same singles ward in South Provo. Over the course of about a month, I showed up at the temple several times, and each time, Sherri would coincidentally be in my session. We had a few heartfelt conversations, mostly about how much we didn't want to be single anymore.

About a month later, Scott and Ryan moved into our ward. They had been waiting for a place to open up in our ward for about a year. They moved in - and Scott and I were engaged 7 or 8 weeks later, and Ryan and Sherri were engaged about 7 or 8 weeks after that. They had baby Lizzie in December, and we had baby Crew in March. Heavenly Father works in beautiful ways.

Here's the proud Daddies:

Photobucket

and Momma's:
Photobucket

Photobucket

We love the Tuckers!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

I love his blessing outfit, I can't believe it was Andrew's! It's so cute. Also, Crew's dimple is amazing! I could only see the one...is there two? Did he get it from you? So darling. Can't wait to see you and meet Crew soon!
Amy

Laura said...

Oh Tara these pictures are SOOOOO cute!!!! Looks like it was a beautiful day!

Jill said...

Tara and Scott!
You have such a cute baby!!! I wish I could come and see you all - maybe we need to make a trip just for the fun of it...I'll bring the whole gang :)
Love reading through your blog - Tara - I love your photos!!! I am inspired!! I would love to share actions or at least get a few of your tips!!