Tuesday, June 10, 2008

a date

Went on a date with Cameron today. We went to BYU and did lots of fun stuff.



The first time Cameron and I went on a "date" was last summer. I had gone through a break-up with someone the night before and knew that I would feel b-a-d when I woke up the next morning. It was one of those nights where I didn't want to go to sleep because I dreaded waking up and having to face the next day. Anyway, his mommy knew I was having a hard time and so the next morning I awoke to my phone ringing and Cameron's little 2 yr old voice "wanna go onna date wi'me?" Boy did I ever. We went to the Movies and watched Ratatouillie and he snuggled on my lap and ate half a big bucket of popcorn fistful by little fistful and by the end, I was feeling much better. Maybe I should start a company called Rent-a-Toddler. This would be the advertisement:



Anyway, I think that's what he must have been remembering when I said "date" to him today because the conversation in the car down to Provo went like this.

Me: "Cameron, I'm so glad you could come, this is going to be so fun! We get to go to BYU on a DATE!"
Cameron: (long pause) "I can't remember his name who broke your heart"
Me: (Pause) Oh... you mean last summer when we went on a date to see Ratatouillie at the Movies?
Cameron: "I thought it up..............It was Mike."

That was funny. I've never dated a Mike but now I know to watch out if I ever meet one.


So the first fun thing we did on the date was use the crosswalk. Cameron pushed the button all by himself so the guy on the screen would walk.

Next, we went to eat where the Cougars eat - at the Cougareat. Cameron was expecting to see cougars in BYU football uniforms, but I explained on most days they just wear jeans and shirts like us. We went all around the Cougareat to explore our dining options, and Cameron chose to eat a hot dog. With no bun, ketchup, or mustard.



While at lunch, he called Aunt Jennifer to see if she wanted to come see him while he was at BYU.

Then, we went to the Candy Counter in the Bookstore, and there were so many choices; it was so exciting! Cameron danced like a chicken in front of the counter because he was so excited.


And when Aunt Jennifer got there, it made everything even more exciting!


This is smart and pretty Jennifer, in her BYU nursing uniform.

Cameron chose some candy and gave the lady a dollar. She handed him back his candy and some change. A few minutes later he said "That was so nice of that lady to give me candy AND money!"

Cameron did silly things with his candy.


He kept insisting that Aunt Tara take his last piece of candy because "I want to share with you!" What a nice boy.

Then Cameron counted his money that the lady gave him back with the candy.

He remarked again how nice that was of her. Cameron wanted to find somewhere that would take his money. So we decided we better go find somewhere.

We found this sucker. It only cost one of his moneys, and the lady gave him a receipt, which he was very proud of and kept in his pocket and showed his dad later that he had "like a grown up".

Off we went, in search of another place that would take the rest of Cameron's money.

We found Jamba Juice. And a giant blender. And the lady gave him money back again! But that's okay, because it's always nice to put money in your pocket. Or in your new piggy bank that you are going to paint with your mommy when you get back home.


Mom, Dad, and Drew flew to AZ today. On the drive home, Cameron told me "I'll babysit you cuz nobodies home with you. So I'll come babysit you. k, Aunt Tara? "



You are a very nice boy Mr. Cameron. And a great date.


*special thanks to Cameron, who let me take as many pictures of him as I wanted so that he could see himself on the "Pacuter"

2 comments:

MisterandMissesLem said...

can I rent him for a date?? Geesh, if only I was as cute as Cameron maybe people would GIVE me money when I bought things from them!

The Fifes said...

oh, i love it i love it i love it! You are so hilarious, you inspire me to take more pictures! And the way you document your life.

Thank you. Seriously. i love you.