Thursday, June 12, 2008

yoasis is the new smart cookie

for those of you who know me well, actually, who am i kidding, you wouldn't be reading this blog unless you knew me, and you wouldn't have to know me very well at all to know that i am addicted to Smart Cookie. or was.

It's not so much the cookie that I loved, although that is very good, and if you want a cookie, be smart, and go there. it was more the 15 minute break in my workday where i got to walk across the street from the kmb and talk to the nice friendly girls who work there, and enjoy the cozy funky decor and take 15 minutes all to myself - sort of like when a dog does something good and is rewarded by getting a cookie. although i think dog's cookies are vitamin fortified, and these are not. although, that would have been good seeing as how i ate an awful lot of them last year.

and how i got the label "the cookie lady" in the kmb, because I would go to smart cookie and buy cookies even if I wasnt in the mood to eat them and then pass them out to whoever crossed my path, like coworkers and students and random strangers. I just liked going there. it got me out of the kmb for a few minutes and it was cozy and cheery inside when it was snowing, and plus, passing out cookies makes people like you. oh wait, maybe they just liked my free cookies.

anyway, none of this matters now, because with the demolition of the kmb and my subsequent move to the rb comes the need for another hang out, another "you wanna go, where ev'ry body knows your name," like on that old tv show Cheers. I digress.

As luck would have it, I am now addicted to Yoasis: conveniently located by the RB. It is "pure frozen yogurt." low on sugar. It's kinda sour like plain yogurt, only frozen, and you put fresh berries on top and it is heaven to the tastebuds. i knew it was my new addiction when i put it in my mouth and i sort of felt like crying because it tasted so good. that's only happened a few other times in my life - the first, well, only, time i had a godiva chocolate covered strawberry, (those things are $10 a piece and it was a gift), the first time i had a sunset roll at happy sumo sushi, and once in NY when i came home from an audition and ate some random stuff that had been cooking in my crock pot all day, and i'm pretty sure that one was just cuz i was really really hungry. and probably also cuz it was a bad audition.

I know you are all waiting with baited breath to hear how this ends. Here it is. Went to Yoasis on my break today. It worked out great. It was yummy. It was healthy. the people working there were friendly enough.

and then tonight after dinner Giulianna and Annie and I went to smart cookie.....just to say good- bye to it, you know. I think it's awful to end a relationship with out any sort of closure.
plus we were craving a cookie.

but you know, things just aren't the same for me over there at smart cookie. The girls working there are not the girls who added me as facebook friends after seeing me at their store every day for 8 months. talk about investing in a relationship. The frosted lemon drop cookie has either lost it's pizazz, or i've just eaten too many of them. But most importantly, the KMB, which is directly across from smart cookie, is now a pile o' rubbish. And I don't like to think about that. But if you do like to think about it, you should read this really short article in the daily universe abut it. It tells about all the cool things the kmb has been over the years, like an auto shop, and a girls dormitory, and a pre-MTC language training center.
here's the link:http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/68813

I may or may not have a memento of the KMB, which now sits on my desk. I'm not going to tell you what it is, but for 48 hours before the south wall was knocked down, the old knight mangum hall was the "night" mangum hall. It didn't change the pronunciation any, so it was totally legal.
It was a brilliant idea. And the construction worker said it was okay when i went back the next day. Yippee!

1 comment:

The Fifes said...

fun-- good job. I'll have to check out that article online! And that place too-- looks so yummy!