Saturday, June 7, 2008

saturday morning, 8am

We've driven past it on State Street a million times. Every time we say "wonder if that place is good," but we never stop to try it out. So today, at 7:30 am, when I heard the words "breakfast" and "ma and pa's diner", I didn't care that I was still lying in bed, and awfully comfortable. I saw that cafe sign in my head and thought -PHOTOSHOP....I could make it look old and vintage.....- and that was it. I was out of bed and in the car in under 3 1/2 minutes flat. With my camera, of course.

The sign boasts:
Which is exactly what I got:
Good thing the garnish was an orange wedge, because otherwise it might not have been a healthy breakfast.And Cameron loves healthy breakfasts.
And his green Crocs.

And his monkey PJ's.

He also loves Drew, who got picked up from EFY this morning and came directly to breakfast. Welcome back, Volume. I missed you. It's been quiet around here.
All in all, the cheese wasn't melted, the potatoes were dry and flavorless, and the gravy tasted like flour. But it didn't matter. Not one bit.

Because where else could you go on a Saturday morning and find
A Christmas tree. Fully decorated. In June.
Wood. Painted. Americana.
Centerpieces that remind me of my favorite NYC diner on 51st and B'wayNewspaper stands in every color!!!!!!!

And an awesome giant gum ball machine...that the gum gets stuck in on it's way out. Which makes your nephews happy...and then sad. But don't worry, we got it figured out.
It was a great way to start the morning. I'm glad we went. Especially because I'd been missing Cameron and Jake while their other Grandma was here visiting. And I'd been missing Drew.

Who has inspired Cameron to pick up some B-boy moves.

No kidding, he was really doing this to break dance music today. It was sooo funny. He's 3yrs old by the way....
And super tight. And fly, yo.

5 comments:

MisterandMissesLem said...

wow! you got cameroonie to look at the camera more times than usual. and where is the last picture taken? is it annoying that i comment on all your blogs? maybe next week we'll have to go to ma and pa's diner.... because you are missing ME!!!!! I miss you guys anyway.

Tara B said...

Katie, I do miss you. I want you to come home, STAT. Someday, I'm going to find out what STAT stands for. Oh, and don't think I'll be going back to ma and pa's anytime soon. But thanks for commenting on my blog, no it's not annyoing, silly, I love it. It makes me feel spyecyial.

DrewBlooms22 said...

I seriously do not know where you get half of these pictures!!! Like with my eye closed and stuff.. and just so everyone knows the cut on the bottom of my chin is a rug burn bc we had to try out on carpet so I got a rug burn on my chin from doing a windmill... and one of the picture that you have makes my eyes look TOTALLY off set.. not that way in real life people!!!

Tara B said...

Thanks for clearing that up, Drew.

Jennifer said...

hi! that is the cutest blod entry ever! love it!
Jen